Slack Integration for StatsLab
StatsLab now supports integration with Slack for certain functions, starting with version 3.06 (compatible with OOTP18, OOTP19, and OOTP20).
Configure Slack to Accept StatsLab Notifications
- Log in to Slack as a workspace administrator
- From your workspace menu, choose Administration -> Workspace Settings
- This will open a new browser tab/window for your Slack workspace to the Settings & Permissions page.
- In the left navigation bar, choose “Configure apps”
- This will open a new browser tab/windor titled Apps.
- From the left navigation menu, choose Custom Integrations
- You should have something titled “Incoming Webhooks”. If not, you’ll need to install/enable it first
- Click “Incoming Webhooks”
- On the left, click “Add Configuration”
- In the Post to Channel box, you’ll be asked to choose a default channel to post to. Pick a channel and then click Add Incoming WebHooks integration
- Note that StatsLab has settings to override the default channel specified here.
- The new webhook setting will be created and you will see information about how to configure an incoming Webhook.
- Copy the entire Webhook URL, and save it somewhere.
- Find the Customize Name field and enter something like “StatsLab Integration”. You can also change other things like the Descriptive Label and Customize the icon. A preview message updates with any changes.
- Be sure to click “Save Settings”!
Configure StatsLab to Send to Slack
- Log in to StatsLab as an administrator
- Go to the main Admin page, and scroll to the bottom section titled Slack Configuration
- Paste the Webhook URL into the Slack Service URL field.
- Override the Custom Name field with a Slack Username
- Override the Slack Icon with an icon here. “:baseball:” is a recommended option.
- Override the Slack channel that you chose when creating the integration in Slack.
- For testing purposes, you can use something like “@username” to send it to yourself.